Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Tact: I Call / Messaging (to decipher, just say it fast)

After a first date, there's supposedly a rule about how long to wait before messaging someone.  I imagine that somewhere in ancient times it took a few days to hire a dude with a chisel to etch an image into a slate of rock that you had to give to someone on a horse or boat in order to just say: "Hey, I had a great time and want to do that again."  Then when while the girl drew a response in blood on an animal skin you had to ponder if she was eaten by velociraptors or just plain didn't like you.  In modern times this reportedly takes 3 days.  Seriously, get a smart phone.

We use excuses like "you have to make her wait, or you seem desperate" or "girls need time for mystery and wanting".  How about, "I want to hang out, otherwise I'm going to a monster truck rally with my bro-hams."  I say we start a new trend of just sending messages until girls respond with "yeah you're annoying me" (in which case it probably wasn't going to work) or "I'm glad you messaged me because I feel like Cher from Clueless" (full disclosure I'm not exactly sure if that's how it went with her gay friend, not that there's anything wrong with that, and I also only know that from being forced to watch that movie endlessly by a previous significant other #longestparantheticaladditionever).

1 comment:

  1. I have always thought that rule was STOOOOOPID. If I like a girl, why would I make myself OR her wait? Ask my wife how long I waited to hang out with her after I first met her? Granted, I've been out of the "dating game" for a while, but that's all that makes it, a GAME. If you like a girl, don't play games. Get serious!

    ReplyDelete